[FFmpeg-user] Use segment muxer and concat: protocol

Maxim Levkov maxim.levkov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 23:29:34 CET 2012

@ Acer,

The reason why your simple copy command for concatenation of video segments
failed to produce continuous playback, but only of the first segment, is
that all of the segments contain 'moov' atom box. Hence you need to remove
all of them and recalculate a single 'moov' atom for the entire movie.
Otherwise, you will end up having segments, but only the first segment will
be seen as having 'moov' atom.

Take a look at my paper on the topic,

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/video/articles/mp4_movie_atom.html

Regards,