[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg user list rules

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 13:56:35 CET 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:49:06 -0000, Boštjan Strojan
<bostjan.strojan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>> http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php
>> might be a good start - no need to reinvent the wheel here.
> Well, i think it is usefull to have something specific to ffmpeg
> mailing list actually, even if it just sets the date to 2012.
> This page linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php looks like some
> leftover from 1972 maybe.
> (I actually had to check the date in the footer, seriously).

We didn't have email back in the Stone Age, you know :-)

> Also the "rules" suggested in this thread are not that harsh as this
> linux version.

I disagree; the rules as they were growing were a concise
version of the Linux document (which is itself an updated
version of the old Usenet Ms Manners post), *plus* things
specific to the ffmpeg list such as always giving uncut
command lines and console output.  IMHO that's as it
should be.

Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd