[FFmpeg-user] questions about libavcodec

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Feb 27 10:58:42 CET 2012

卜弋天 <buyit <at> live.cn> writes:

> 1. when compiling, how can i specify this library is compiled for ARM?

I suspect you have to specify --target=arm

> and it includes NEON instruction supports?

Use --disable-neon if you don't want neon support.

(So far, ./configure --help should have answered the questions,
if this is not true, please suggest improvements.)

> 2. suppose ARCH_ARM and HAVE_NEON are defined, which i mentioned in
> question 1, does it mean this library can only be executed on ARM
> platform and the ARM chipset must have NEON module?

I suspect so, but please test.

> 3. suppose the answer of quesion 2 is yes, then how can user choose
> libavcodec.so as they want? for example, there is an Android
> application "ROAMSAVE", it will use libavcodec.so, then how can i
> choose a suitable version libavcodec.so for roamsave? suppose i do
> not have any source code, and just want to download this
> library from internet, how can i find the correct libavcodec?

I don't understand how this should be possible on any platform,
please explain.

For the problems with insufficient alignment, afaiu, you already
have patches for some crashes, please send them to -devel.

Thank you, Carl Eugen