[FFmpeg-user] map_channel with H264/AAC input question

Robert Reinhardt robert at theMakers.com
Wed Feb 29 08:46:01 CET 2012

I have an H264/AAC video with an audio program that has two channels (left/right), and I'd like to separate these channels into discrete program tracks (left channel as mono to one track, right channel as mono to another track). I was hoping the map_channel option would work without needing to reencode the audio, but I can only seem to get this type of channel mapping by using avfilter / pan option, which reencodes the audio to pcm_s16le first, and then encode back to AAC.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best,

Robert
---
Robert Reinhardt