[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:57:55 CEST 2012

> The last encode is ffmpeg-HEAD-d3abbb1 on its own. Sloooow. I know I can
> go faster, but used this one for a fair comparison. Andy Sheen's version
> N-42432-gb27c7d7 (w32threaded) goes up to 111/112 fps, but even that is
> still slower than the ancient MEncoder 33986/34188/33883.
>
> It looks like MEncoder has some internal mechanism for extra threading.

So you and I would presume it's just faster because of some internal
mechanism for extra threading?
I wonder if it's related to
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/47b812e9cec3e0b2

It would be interesting to see if it shows the same speed difference
in linux that it does in windows.  But besides that, I don't know what
it is :)

-roger-