[FFmpeg-user] multi-threaded swscale possible?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 02:20:27 CEST 2012

Hello all.
It came to my attention the other day that using lanczos for scaling
is "computationally slow" and that some people have found benchmark
speedups by diving their image in 2, then doing lanczos on both sides
[1].
Anybody know if this is trivially possible with libswscale today? I
guess one could use libavfilter and split a video, perform lanczos on
both halves, then recombine, but I guess my question is if there would
there be any utility to adding some my looking into adding some
threading/joining within libswscale itself?
Thanks.
-roger-
[1] http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=954265#post954265