[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: excessive bounces

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Jul 16 11:57:53 CEST 2012

Le nonidi 29 messidor, an CCXX, Reindl Harald a écrit :
> well, datafilehost.com is blacklisted........
>
> i have whitelisted the mailing-list for my personal account
> but i doubt this problem affects not only me

I confirm this kind of URL is rejected as spam. But I am not sure it will
affect many persons: it affects people on the same mail server as you, and
probably the mail servers that use the same stupid spam detection service.

There is not much you can do, apart from whitelisting the list as you did
and possibly reporting the problem to the mail administrator (rejecting
mails solely based on URLs that can pretty well be legitimate is not a good
policy at all).

I have found that commercial spam-protection services were frequently as bad
as spam, in a different way. As for me, I am pretty satisfied with my site's
greylisting plus a personal bogofilter.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George