[FFmpeg-user] Sliding text banner (was: Newbie questions)

Orbisoft Support inbox.mirror.orbisoft at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:43:30 CEST 2012

Thanks. I switched from FLV to MP4 and noticed the final output file went
from 145 MB down to just 11 MB which was good.

*"The correct duration depends on the total width of your text.
drawtext prints it at debug level, so you can get it using -loglevel debug."
*

Even though the RSS text file content (and therefore text length) is not
static -- i.e. it changes each time we read it (my ASP.NET code had used
the code below to measure the text length in pixels)?

' see how big the text will be
intClsTextRectangleWidth = CInt(DrawGraphics.MeasureString(strTheText,
DrawFont).Width)
intClsTextRectangleHeight = CInt(DrawGraphics.MeasureString(strTheText,
DrawFont).Height)