[FFmpeg-user] CODEC_FLAG_SVCD_SCAN_OFFSET deprecated?

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Tue Jul 31 19:27:16 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Fabrice DELENTE <delentef at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to compile transcode, but compilation fails with
>
> export_ffmpeg.c:452:34: error: ‘CODEC_FLAG_SVCD_SCAN_OFFSET’ undeclared
> (first use in this function)
>
> It seems that ‘CODEC_FLAG_SVCD_SCAN_OFFSET’ should be defined in
> /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h
>
> However, I have downloaded the latest ffmpeg git, and
> libavcodec/avcodec.h doesn't define CODEC_FLAG_SVCD_SCAN_OFFSET.
>
> Is transcode out of date, or have I not downloaded the ffmpeg git
> version uncorrectly?

transcode is out of date. See
http://git.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/group__deprecated__flags.html

It doesn't seem to be in FFmpeg anymore. There's a patch out there for
transcode at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/svn/transcode-1.1.7-ffmpeg-1.patch

transcode looks like a dead project though. I'd tell you to contact their
mailing list, but judging by their lack of commits, I doubt they have a
working mailing list.

Why not just use ffmpeg if you want to transcode something?

--Michael