[FFmpeg-user] Converting avi-mp4 to h.264 as used by ISDB-T tuner? how?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 07:18:51 CEST 2012

I have a ISDB-T DTT TV tuner with an USB port that is able to play
back .TS (MPEG4 H.264 Transport stream) files.

However, if I save AVI and/or MP4 moves to a pen drive and copy such
files there, it refuses to play back them.

Is it possible to use FFMPEG to convert avi and or mp4 files to H.264
.TS that this tuner can play back? how?.

My question is perhaps more generic: does the .TS include anything
specific to the digital television standard used? ie, is a .TS
recorded from a DVB-T tuner different from a .TS recorded from a
ISDB-T device?, or is the .TS by the time is saved to disk, stripped
of all encoding singularities used by each digital tv standard?

Thanks in advance.
FC
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell