[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Embedded Configuration

Steve Martin smartin9753 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 10:56:44 CEST 2012

Hello list

I am trying to help a programmer for an app that uses FFMPEG libraries, as
well as myself here, but not being a programmer myself please excuse me if
I mis-speak here.

The programmer uses FFMPEG libraries in a windows environment to decode
incoming video streams (MPEG and h.264 primarily) and write video files
coming from Surveillance cameras. I however am wanting to use a different
codec to decode the incoming h.264 streams.

Now with standalone FFMPEG it's easy to use the configuration tool to tell
it not to decode h.264 streams, thus allowing the other codec to do those
specific streams.

The question is, is there a way to send configuration information like this
to FFMPEG that is being called from a C++ wrapper that is calling the
FFMPEG functions directly? Perhaps putting the FFMPEG configuration file in
the calling programs executable directory or something like that?? Or
perhaps environment settings?? Or perhaps in the way the wrapper is calling
it, similar to a command line switch???

The OS is windows (all flavors from XP forward)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give us with this.

Frank