[FFmpeg-user] Where to find the version ffmpeg version N-31774-g6c4e9ca

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Mar 1 17:13:07 CET 2012

Le duodi 12 ventôse, an CCXX, X. Long a écrit :
> I am using the newest version of ffmpeg on windows, and the old
> version someone else used is attached below, where can I download the
> exact version of the software for: ffmpeg version N-31774-g6c4e9ca?

The strange string at the end is the Git short hash, prefixed by "g", it
identifies the version exactly. If you have a complete git clone of the
source tree, the following command will put the tree at that version:

git checkout 6c4e9ca

(for references, it dates back to Sun Aug 7 00:32:11 2011 +0200)

Alternatively, you can browse the gitweb repository on <URL:
http://source.ffmpeg.org/ >. I do not know how to look for a particular
commit, though, but putting "h=6c4e9ca" in the URL seems to do the trick.
Then you can ask for a snapshot.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George