[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to create the Peel away effect like the one in this video

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:09:43 CET 2012

2012/3/6 Hans <hguth at listingsmagic.com>:
> I was just wondering if/how it would be possible to create an effect like
> the one shown in the video on this page with ffmpeg?  Can after effects
> transitions be created using ffmpeg?
>
> http://www.aihouqi.com/after-effects/5790-videohive-peel-away-129865.html

Yes, possible. It would be a cute video filter.
See libavfilter/ subdir in project sources. You can also ask in
libav-user at ffmpeg.org, libav-api at libav.org for help on implementing
such filter using ffmpeg API.
I've checked list of video filters that are already in ffmpeg, there
looks to be no such filter built in. But it is probable that such
filter is existing, or is easier to implement with frei0r effect
framework, which is pluggable via ffmpeg. I'm not so keen on frei0r,
so this is just a speculation on what should be researched by you.

--
Andrey Utkin