[FFmpeg-user] loop

Bas Kamer bas at bushbaby.nl
Mon Mar 12 12:45:06 CET 2012

Hi,

for the past few weeks I have been trying to generate a MOV container containing a short MJPEG sequence that has it's looping option set. So when the end user doubleclicks the file it will have it loop menu option (Quicktime) selected. Unfortunately I have only been successful in generating a looping gif animation and are about to give up...

The manual states "Repeatedly loop output for formats that support looping such as animated GIF (0 will loop the output infinitely). This option is deprecated, use -loop."

Question: What formats are those? Or more precise. The .mov container should be able to do this. Can someone confirm that it is?

Question: Does someone have some examples that do this? JPEG to QT with looping enabled

thanks a million