[FFmpeg-user] header information in generated avi file?

Peter Wallis p.wallis at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 10:44:39 CET 2012

Hi Carl,
  There does seem to be output  using the ffmpeg command I described (I can
look at it with a HEX editor) but it is a bit hard to use WMP because I'm
on a linux box.  Annoyingly, JMStudio plays it (bad timing problem
mentioned) but the Java source for JMStudio is no longer supplied
officially and the version I can get use beans technology rather than
implementing things as described in the guide.

producing video only and a fixed number of frames (15 at -r 5) produces no
video.

It is a little difficult to run the audio only through the code because it
is designed to run avi files converted using ffmpeg - that is why I am
producing video from stills actually.