[FFmpeg-user] Switch "on" Reference Picture Selection (RPS) in the libavcodec/ituh263enc.c Source File

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 21 09:44:34 CET 2012

Oussama Stiti <oussama.stiti <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I need notifications of damaged frames when i receive
> a H264 bitstream.

I suspect you will have to edit the files that contain the
H264 decoder to get those "notifications", see libavcodec/h264*

What surprises me is that ffmpeg always outputs all kinds of
messages whenever I feed a damaged H264 stream into the decoder:
Do you have a damaged sample that produces no such messages?

Carl Eugen