[FFmpeg-user] Need help understanding encoding error message

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 21 20:53:20 CET 2012

Hollar Jeff <Jeff_Hollar <at> prn.com> writes:

> I've been using FFMPEG [0.6-4:6-2] on ubuntu successfully encoding
> mpeg2 streams using the following command:

All releases of the 0.6 branch contain an extraordinary high number
of regressions and bugs, please update to current git head.

> %ffmpeg -qscale 5 -loop_input

The name of the command is now "-loop 1" and contrary to before, it
will now fail if it does not work (which I very much consider an
improvement), so it's ffmpeg -loop 1 -i pngs/svg_tide.png.

> -I audio/demo.mp3

"-I" is not supported by current versions, was it truly supported before?
(It's "-i" now)

[...]

> -r 29.97/1001

> [mpeg2video @ 02255B40] MPEG1/2 does not support 5/1 fps