[FFmpeg-user] Note to document maintainer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 26 09:55:38 CEST 2012

eolinwen <at> gmail.com <eolinwen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I was not aware about that like I have read recently that
> on Debian Facile ( Easy Debian in English) in their Wiki here :
> http://wiki.debian-facile.org/manuel:ffmpeg_codage. You
> could see this precision at the end of the third paragraph
> =>the remark with the light !!!

For the command line given there, "-f ..." is not necessary,
"fichier_vignette.jpg" signals a jpeg.

> What is the difference between image2 and mjpeg ?

The "image2" format is for images (!), mjpeg for videos (that
consist of jpeg images).

Note that you generally don't need to set the output format,
it is sufficient to use file suffixes:
out.jpg vs out.mjpg

Carl Eugen