[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg build - how build finds indevs

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:07:24 CEST 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Da Rock
<ffmpeg-user at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> I'm trying to get video4linux working in ffmpeg port on FreeBSD. I'm not
> getting many answers there, so I thought I'd enquire here.

Subscribed to multimedia@, stable@ and current@ - not getting too many
questions there..

> When I run ffmpeg with -f video4linux I get unknown input format:
> video4linux. Same for v4l2.
>
> In the build it only shows up 4 indevs: OSS, BKTR, and 2 others (sorry, lost
> the screen with it on) - but no video4linux(2).
>
> In the configure script there is a disable indevs, but no enable.
>
> What ritual do I have to perform to get this to work? Cut off a toe or
> something? Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
>
> Cheers

What outcome are you trying to get at, what device are you using and
what driver are you using with that device?

If it is a USB V4L1 device, and you are using cuse4bsd/webcamd, you
will need a very recent version of cuse4bsd to translate v4l2 ioctls
into v4l1 ioctls that your device will understand.

Cheers

Tom