[FFmpeg-user] How can I replace numbered sound tracks in my AVI ?

Olivier Soleil osoleil at ubisoft.fr
Mon Mar 26 15:00:55 CEST 2012

Hello and thank you.
/"The important thing is not that you need movies for a game,
but the technology you want to use"/
You're right, i forgot to mention my containers/codecs. So far, i'd like to
produce AVI / H264 and probably MOV / H264. And I take for granted that
these containers/formats can use multiple audio tracks.
The problem is i cannot associate an audio stream to any track number I want
to, considering FFMPEG's doc. Would this feature be feasible, I'd like to
see that developed within FFMPEG.
I add that track 0 will always be a video stream.
/"Remux the AVI, this does not (necessarily) change the data."/
On the other hand, do you really imply that one can replace the audio tracks
and/or the video track of an AVI/H264 (or a MOV/H264 ?) via FFMPEG without
creating a new file every time ?
That would prove helpful to us.

Thanks again