[FFmpeg-user] Audio synchronisation issues

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri May 4 19:53:39 CEST 2012

Dainius (GreatEmerald <pastas4 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Well, the way I record is that I need to have the three streams
> separate, but have them be synchronised to each other so that I could
> mix them into one video file later on. I need to apply some changes to
> individual streams (like noise reduction and volume correction), hence
> I need separate files for the streams initially.

(Why, this should work exactly as well with a muxed file, don't you agree?
And at least in theory, this may have higher chances of being in sync.)

>   Duration: N/A, start: 1336135787.509094, bitrate: 460800 kb/s

>   Duration: N/A, start: 0.649226, bitrate: N/A

The start times are similar on my system, and I get A/V sync with
-async 1, but I suspect it is not possible with one device wall clock
and one device starting with 0.
(But I may of course be wrong!)

Consider following ticket #692.

Carl Eugen