[FFmpeg-user] mmsh streams and immense buffering

Patrick Cornwell patrick at cornwell.org
Wed May 23 19:18:14 CEST 2012

> (Backtrace for crash missing.)

Again, apologies for being a bit thick on this, as I personally am testing
this with the windows binary, how do I get a backtrace? It crashes with a
windows dialogue box saying FFMpeg.exe has stopped working and the only
available traces are a windows memory dump and some rubbish hardware info
XML which would be sent to Microsoft if I selected to do so.  It's not a
crash which gives me any output in the command prompt window.

> (When reporting problems, always try to avoid using external libraries
> like x264 and libvo, it makes reproducing problems more difficult.)

It only crashes when I try to transcode to anything other than JPGs or WMV.
If I try .avi, .flv, .mp4, etc it does this crash. So I can't really get a
backtrace if I don't issue a transcode option. The 'non problem' streams
transcode to any of these formats without issue.

I think what you say about the timestamps is definitely key to helping solve
this. Sorry to send 2 ahead of a response.

Pat