[FFmpeg-user] Get the codec used

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:38:55 CEST 2012

2012/5/24 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> >  ffmpeg -i  video3.avi
> >
> > [mp3 @ 0x25f9c00] Header missing
>
> This does not look like complete, uncut console output...

Actually not, the whole information thrown by the command was sent but the
ffmpeg version and other related stuff which hadn't to do with file
information. I supress in order to give a clean output.

> > However if I try to concatenate them with mencoder it doesn't
> > allow due to differents codecs.
>
> Why do you think that MEncoder (that is an unmaintained application
> for many years) known the codec better than FFmpeg?

Actually I don't which is better. I am clearly new in this subject. Since
Mencoder is widely used I didn't thinks it could be a problem.
In fact it concatenates well unless files with different codec/fps.

> Are you sure this is supposed for avi files with different frame
> rate?

If you meant about Mencoder it seems it is not, however the error message
specifies a different codec not frame rate.

> Did you try ffmpeg's concat protocol?

No, I didn't. I'll tray it later then. Thank for your suggestion.

Regards

Rossana