[FFmpeg-user] ABUSE: Spam from "ptrtap at yahoo.com"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 24 15:20:14 CEST 2012

Am 24.05.2012 15:14, schrieb John Doe:
> From: Peter Tap <ptrtap at yahoo.com>
>
>> Dude,
>> I am NOT sending any spam. I don't have the time or the inclination to do
>> so. Do a little bit of research on email security or lack of it.
>> If I have to send spam, why would I use my own email address to do so?
>
> Almost every day I am receiving some of these "Yahoo security mega alert about to close your account if you do not login on the fake login page on that weird looking non yahoo URL".
> The fact is that they all go in my spam folder... So I have no idea how people gets fooled by these.

that is not the point

the point is that someone who's mail-account is hacked
has to fix this IMMEDIATELY an not after some days and
there is no excuse that this happens again 24 hours
after a off-list mail

also fact is that many people are whitelisting their
mailing-lists on spam-firewalls because especially
on technical lists they are otherwise often catched
as false positives

however: "Dude, I am NOT sending any spam" is after two
days of spamming a reaction with no excuse and if some
foreign hacker is using your account does not change
anything in the fact your are responsible for it