[FFmpeg-user] qtrle in an avi results in "non video" playback

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 30 20:00:17 CEST 2012

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Does this mean that the avi mixer should "reject" qtrle

No, because you may choose a fourcc - for example RogP - that
ffmpeg will happily write for your avi, but that will create
more files that are unplayable with anything outside the
FFmpeg / MPlayer universe, which we try to avoid.
Otoh, if you find an avi with qtrle in the wild, we will
probably support it (and I agree with you,
at least a warning would be fine).

Carl Eugen