[FFmpeg-user] Transcode 5.1 Flac to 5.1 LPCM in ffmpeg

Zamar Acadia zamarac at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:35:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

What's the right command to transcode 5.1 Flac to 5.1 LPCM audio in
ffmpeg? I need to stream it to a network BD player? Original Flac is FLAC,
5.1 channels, 0:40:38, 16 bits, 2502kbps, 44.1kHz , and LPCM should be the
same. Will it play on DLNA-compliant BD player? What should be file
extension for 5.1 LPCM: for example lpcm, l16, or what?

How can I pack it to MKV container that is supported by the player?

Also, how to transcode 5.1 Flac to 5.1 Dolby TrueHD packed into MKV or MP4
container?

What PC Soft Media Player can play LPCM format? I need to verify on PC
that the resulting file is playable in principle, no header errors. How to
do that?

Thanks for clarification!