[FFmpeg-user] Compiling source on RHEL 5.4

Emily W Watt emwatt2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 00:59:47 CET 2012

Hello,

Ok, based on your response I am assuming that my failure to run the
compiled binary of ffmpeg 1.0 on my kernel/OS release is not a problem I
can fix. I don't disagree that I will need the libraries to build -- the
only solution I have come up with is to manually download the libraries
individually, without using yum. I have not been able to find a good source
and list of all dependencies/libraries without using SVN.

Emily