[FFmpeg-user] Video and audio out of sync - general question

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 30 18:20:02 CET 2012

JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg <at> btinternet.com> writes:

> Im still getting these problems, as i posted before.
> As a recap

I re-read this whole thread (and it seems I completely
misunderstood Frank), but I did not find a problem
that you posted;-(

> 1. On a change in encoding of audio rate/channels ffmpeg
> goes into an error loop, BUT only if "-async 1" is used

Command line and complete, uncut console output missing /
did you report this? a loop sounds important.

> 2. Without "-async 1" i have 2 out of 3 channels with
> lipsync errors, i have a 80mb recording of this channel

Command line and complete, uncut console output missng
and please provide a sample that is long enough to allow
to easily reproduce your issue.

Carl Eugen