[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 1.0 [NULL @ 0xcb4700] [Eval @ 0x7fff0d95cf00] Undefined constant or missing '(' in 'wpred'

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Oct 5 17:18:29 CEST 2012

Am 05.10.2012 17:09, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>
>> the solution was remive 'flags2' and replace it with
>> 'profile:v baseline'
>
> (Am I correct that this change happened >1 year ago?
> Or was this really recently?)

it must have happened after 0.10.x

>> but this is NOT compatible with ffmpeg 0.6.x
>
> Just in case you don't know, this is of course
> unrelated to your original problem:
> FFmepg 0.6 releases were always "bad" in the sense
> that they contain many regressions, most of them were
> never fixed. If you need an old API version, 0.7
> was at least much better maintained (and contains
> fixes for all known regressions), and we never
> received any reports about incompatibility afaict.

i am almost but not always in the position to decide what
operating system and software-versions are installed

thats the problem, my machines are all having the same ffmpeg
and are updated at the same time

>> i can not provide a minimal command line
>
> This makes it unlikely that I will look at it:
> There are a few open tickets on trac and I believe
> I am able to fix (or at least improve) some of them

no problem, for me it is solved by having two wrappers
one for machines maintained by me and one for debian crap

hopefully after ffmpeg 1.0 params for the command-line will be stable

it's not really possible to find out froma php-script what
exactly version of ffmpeg is available to generate different
calls - not in a cean and portable way