[FFmpeg-user] Changing frame properties not supported error out of no where?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Oct 9 12:18:04 CEST 2012

Joey Leone <jo2jo <at> validusdata.com> writes:

> I must use this version of ffmpeg as my developer
> complied it and tested the switched used when ffmpeg
> is called.

Looking below, it seems very unlikely somebody tested
this FFmpeg installation.

[...]

> ffmpeg version 0.8.5, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers

This is very old, there have been four major releases
since (and several hundred bugfixes).

>   WARNING: library configuration mismatch

This indicates that there is a problem.

[...]

>   libavutil    51.  9. 1 / 51. 54.100
>   libavcodec   53.  7. 0 / 53. 42. 4
>   libavformat  53.  4. 0 / 53. 24. 2
>   libavdevice  53.  1. 1 / 53.  4. 0
>   libavfilter   2. 23. 0 /  2. 77.100
>   libswscale    2.  0. 0 /  2.  1.100
>   libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0

One could argue now that this should be compatible,
but since libavfilter was not stable until recently
(and the error message points to libavfilter), I
don't think anybody will investigate this.
(At least without a sample file and an over-complete
report.)

> Can anyone offer any help?

Just put a static ffmpeg (executable) in your local
path, that should solve all problems.

Carl Eugen