[FFmpeg-user] asking for help on custom-IO

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Sun Oct 14 15:22:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

I really love ffplay and I wrote a streaming-server for special media files.
ffplay already supports streaming via http, but does not support seeking in
streamed media.
So I would like to extend the IO-layer, that seeking in media via http would
be possible.

I read about custom IO and I tried to combine the samples with ffplay, but I
did not get any seek-request in my IO-callbacks.

Can anybody please shine me a light on what I'm missing?
I'd like to issue a new request whenever a seek request arises (i.e.
PgDn/PgUp).

Any hint is welcome.

BR Gero