[FFmpeg-user] Concat limited to certain file types?

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Tue Oct 16 18:30:03 CEST 2012

Nicolas George in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Tue, 16 Oct 2012
17:35:43 +0200):
>Le quintidi 25 vendémiaire, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
>> Is the concat protocol limited to certain filetypes?
>
>http://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#Concatenating-at-the-file-level
>
>"A few multimedia containers (MPEG-1, MPEG-2 PS, DV) allow to concatenate
>video by merely concatenating the files them."

Yes, I realised that afterwards. It had vanished from my active memory,
because some video files disguise themselves as non-mpeg by using other
extensions. So one can never be sure if and when -concat works.

I am now struggling with the complex_filter. I cannot yet figure out how
to combine scale and complex_filter concat if the video and audio
duration in the first file(s) are not the same. Is that possible at all?

Jan

PS. Should not the last word in your quote be 'themselves'? Or left out
completely? The quote seems a bit odd to me (not being a native English
speaker either).