[FFmpeg-user] enable the vaapi hardware acceleration decoding with ffmpeg and libx264

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 17 10:24:41 CEST 2012

Vinxxe <vinxxe <at> gmail.com> writes:

> For now I've successfully managed to use a piece of
> code that play a h264 encoded movie using the vaapi
> hw acceleration. The problem is that this code put
> the decoded frame directly to the hw video surface
> but I want to put the decoded frame to the pixel
> buffer object.

(Some people claim that this will cost all performance
gain that you are searching for.)

There certainly is a va-api function to read the decoded
image back from the GPU into main memory, you will have
to implement that, I assume.

[...]

> ffmpeg version 0.10.2

(Unrelated:)
This is over a year old, consider updating to current git head.

Carl Eugen