[FFmpeg-user] Concat limited to certain file types?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 17 17:23:06 CEST 2012

Le sextidi 26 vendémiaire, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
> This one comes quite close, I think:
>
> -filter_complex " \
> 	[0:v]  setpts=PTS-STARTPTS [v0]; \
> 	[0:a] asetpts=PTS-STARTPTS [a0]; \
> 	[1:v]  setpts=PTS-STARTPTS [v1]; \
> 	[1:a] asetpts=PTS-STARTPTS [a1]; \
> 	[v0] [a0] [v1] [a1] concat=n=2:v=1:a=1 [v] [a]; \
> 	[v] scale=384:288 [vs]" -map [vs] -map [a]

It looks quite right, assuming all files start with audio and video in sync.

> The only thing I am missing compared with my current setup (with a
> really old MEncoder) is the -af volnorm filter. Carl Eugen told me about
> a month ago that the volnorm avfilter is half-finished. Do you know what
> the status is at the moment? Can I be of help?

I do not know the status of volnorm, I do not like it. You can do a two pass
normalization, first detecting the volume and then adjusting, using the
volumedetect or ebur128 filters (the first one is much faster, the second
one is way more accurate).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George