[FFmpeg-user] ProRes Quicktimes with audio not playing back reliably

Bob Maple bobm-ffmpeg at burner.com
Sun Oct 28 06:42:08 CET 2012

On 10/27/2012 2:40 PM, Thomas Worth wrote:

> Bob was using the asetnsamples filter to force the muxer to write the
> audio in larger chunks than normal. Could he have used -chunk_duration
> with a value of say, 1000000 to group the muxing of audio/video into 1
> second chunks?

I played around with that first but couldn't get any results that made
any sense to me versus the values I'd entered.  Most of the time I would
get long runs of audio and video packets but then every so often it'd go
VAVAVA in the middle and then back to longer runs.

But no matter what values I used for chunk_duration (I tried a second
first, half, a quarter..) it seemed to make equally long runs.  Playing
with chunk_size gave me similar results, I couldn't make heads or tails
of my values versus what it made (-chunk_size 4096 looked almost the
same as -chunk_size 32768)