[FFmpeg-user] libavformat/segment.c duration min time always 10s

Steven Liu lingjiujianke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:57:19 CET 2012

2012/10/27 Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com>:
>>          When i use the command bellow:
>>          ffmpeg -i input.mkv -strict experimental -acodec aac -vcodec
>> libx264 -map 0:0 -map 0:1  -b:v 2000k -r 25 -b:a 88k -ar 44100 -preset
>> ultrafast -vprofile main -vlevel 2.0 -f segment -segment_time 3
>> -segment_format mpegts  -segment_list a.m3u8 -segment_list_flags live
>> -async 1 -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb  -v debug -s 1280x720  test-%d.ts
>>
>>          the duration time of  m3u8 file and the ts file always 10s
>
> It should probably be 3, is that what you're guessing?

Hi Roger,

          Yep, I want to set the duration time to 3s.
          when i use -vcodec mpeg4, it can do this operation, but use
libx264, it cannot.

          I have saw it in libavformat/segment.c  if the "pkt->flags &
AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY" and "codec_type == AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO"  it can split
for 3s, perhaps this is set in encode process, do you know how to set
it in every 3s, or set it looks like mpeg4 encode process?

Thanks