[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg & deadline render manager

Dan Walker walkerdan1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:55:48 CET 2012

My question is if anyone has successfully used the Deadline Render Farm
Management System <http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/deadline/> and ffmpeg,
to create Quicktime movies from an image sequence that was rendered with a
supported package (Maya, Max, Nuke, AfterEffects, etc...) via Deadline.

Basically the creation of the Quicktime is based on the dependency render
of the image sequence.

*Example:*

*Deadline Job -> Maya *
Render of an image sequence of 100 frames over 5 render nodes (20 frames
each node).

*Deadline Dependency Job -> ffmpeg *
After the above mentioned render has completed, ffmpeg is executed (and
recognized as a supported package in Deadline) as a dependency job to
render the image sequence mentioned above.  This Quicktime creation can
only happen on 1 render node because rendering Quicktimes over multiple
nodes, is not supported.

If you're not familiar with how Deadline works or render management
systems, you probably can't help here.

Also, there is a front end UI for ffmpeg in Deadline, but I'm looking for
an automated solution for the Quicktime creation.

Thanks much,

-Dan