[FFmpeg-user] align audio and video using PTS

Rares Pop raresp at axz.ro
Tue Sep 4 10:56:39 CEST 2012

Fellow ffmpeg users,

I have 2 TS files that have been split (by a vdr recorder): file1.ts and file2.ts.
file1.ts ends with x miliseconds of video that don't have audio packets because they are actually at the beginning of file2.ts.

How can I use ffmpeg to construct a synchronized file1 by taking the missing audio from file2.ts ?
I hope this could be done intelligently by using the PTS information in each file, I just don't know how. Please bare in mind that x is variable for every split.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Rares

believed to be clean.