[FFmpeg-user] Best way for converting HD 1080i to DVCPRO25 DV?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Sep 4 12:10:28 CEST 2012

Andy Furniss <andyqos <at> ukfsn.org> writes:

> I think there will be a problem if you unsharp a weaved frame, so I
> guess you'll need to try and work with fields if that's possible.

MPlayer has the "il" filter to deinterleave (and after unsharpening
interleave) fields. It has not yet been ported natively to FFmpeg,
but you could use -vf mp=il=d to deinterleave.
Unfortunately, afaict it needs yuv422 input to work correctly, so
you will have to do additional scaling...
(Or fix the filter.)

Carl Eugen