[FFmpeg-user] [Bulk] Re: Handling uyvy files has changed.

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 12:14:15 CEST 2012

On 04/09/12 10:42, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Tim Nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg -pix_fmt uyvy422 -s 1920x1080 -i HD-bars-709.yuv
>> -c:v copy -vtag 2uvy -y ./HD-bars-709.mov
>
> Regression since c5f23d

You just beat me on the bisect, must have a faster machine....:(

> (I originally failed to see the problem because -vtag is
> completely superfluous in above command line and one
> could even argue ffmpeg should protest when given an
> invalid vtag instead of silently ignoring/overriding it.)

I would agree that would be a more sensible approach to warn. I only
just spotted it was being silently corrected/ignored in the versions
that worked.

However if the vtag is superfluous how come the file wont play unless it
is included?

--
Tim