[FFmpeg-user] How to find the last working GIT version?

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:05:42 CEST 2012

On 11/09/2012 4:44 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> The first step is to sanitize your command line.
> Does the following allow to reproduce your problem
> (ie does it still work with the older FFmpeg version
> and succeed with the newer one)?
> $ ffmpeg -i remux_frozen_video_sample.mkv -vcodec copy
> -ab 640k -acodec ac3 out.mts

Yes, same behaviour.

Actually, I can't convert without the h264_mp4toannexb filter as FFmpeg
doesn't let me, but the rest of the command line is as you've asked for.
Furthermore, I can replace "-ab 640k -acodec ac3" with "-an" and it
still breaks in the same way, if that makes things easier.

So, just "ffmpeg -i remux_frozen_video_sample.mkv -vcodec copy -bsf
h264_mp4toannexb -an out.mts".

    Dennis