[FFmpeg-user] Prores 444 being detected by quicktime as 422?

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Wed Sep 12 11:24:16 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Robert Krüger <krueger at lesspain.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 11 September 2012 10:04:07 am Robert Krüger wrote:
>>

>> Thank you for analyzing this - I simply didn't understand the problem;-)
>> (I couldn't believe it was not reported before and not tested originally.)
>> Could you test attached patch? It contains some guessing.

I don't know if I am doing anything wrong but the patch does not apply
to a clean git head here, although the patch file looks ok (not
mangled by mail client):

alejandro:ffmpeg krueger$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
alejandro:ffmpeg krueger$ git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#	patchprores444.diff
#	prores4444_with_transparency_ffmpeg.mov
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
alejandro:ffmpeg krueger$ git apply --check patchprores444.diff
error: patch failed: libavcodec/proresenc_kostya.c:43
error: libavcodec/proresenc_kostya.c: patch does not apply