[FFmpeg-user] Help me with multi input in a video

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:10:59 CEST 2012

On date Friday 2012-09-14 09:29:01 +0300, Emre Karataşoğlu encoded:
>     Hello . I need help about two subject.
> First of them is the syntax error in filter movie
> . My aim is to join two stream in a video .
> and with the overlay I can do two local video with ffmpeg
> <!-- My code is -->
> ffmpeg.exe -i 1a.avi -vf "[in] scale=iw/3:ih/3,
> pad=3*iw+240:2*ih+220:200:100 [left]; movie=1c.avi,
> <code>
> like that . but when I try to replace 1c.avi with the rtsp://localhost ...
> I got error 'unknown parameter '.

When you do:
movie=rtsp://localhost/...

ffmpeg is parsing it like:

movie= FILENAME : OPTIONS

with rtsp=FILENAME and //localhost/... is interpreted like OPTIONS.

Thus you need to escape the filename, like:

movie='rtsp://localhost/...'

(first level of escaping)

Another level of escaping may be needed depending on your shell.

> ---> my seconde question is
> - is it possible to 2x2 mosaic video show with ffmpeg ?

The best way to do it is to create a background with color source, and
then overlay video 1 and 2 in cascade (either using "movie" or the
filter_complex option).

--
ffmpeg-user random tip #26
RTFM.