[FFmpeg-user] How to Decode h264 Video Stream?

Andy Civil andycivil at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:15:09 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-18 3:09 AM, Myth wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
>   I have tried the below command as you said, the h264 file is the raw file.

But, Roger's command included an ellipsis "..." meaning that the rest of the
command should follow. The problem is, you won't tell us how you want your
output after you've 'decoded' it.

>   How can I get the picture frames just like doc/examples/decoding_encoding.c does.

Perhaps you mean that you want individual image files? If so, try this:

ffmpeg -format h264 -i input -an -qscale 1 %06d.jpg

This will give a whole bunch of individual JPEG files. If JPEG files were NOT
what you wanted, then you have to tell us how you expect to "get the picture
frames".
--
Andy