[FFmpeg-user] -qcomp 0.8 with no effect

Gabri Nurtinaz Shally gabri.ns at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 03:51:31 CEST 2012

On Sep 23, 2012 2:20 AM, "Hugo Wau" <hugowau at gmx.net> wrote:

> I will not change the screen-size, nor will I reduce audio quality. Just
a bit more compression, a bit less video quality - if necessary - to make
the resulting video fit the media. (4.9GB -->> 4.5GB)

then you should remove -sameq and add -b:v to set the bitrate.

from my experience with mencoder, -qcomp is used to balance how bitrate
will be used between high motion and still image, and extremely usefull
with two pass encoding. -qcomp doesn't have effect on resulting size, but
resulting quality.