[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: Your membership in the mailing list ffmpeg-user has been disabled due, to excessive bounces

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Apr 4 16:48:51 CEST 2013

Le quintidi 15 germinal, an CCXXI, Reindl Harald a écrit :
> looking at the reply yesterday our spam-firewall rejected some
> messages as spam - REJECTED, this is not the same as bounce
> and a REJHECT with 554 is NOT a reason for disable a account

If a MTA rejects a mail, the previous MTA is supposed to generate a bounce.
So the distinction between a reject and a bounce is akin to the excuse "I
did not punch him, I just held my fist at face level and he ran in it". The
only time the distinction is relevant is when the return address may have
been fabricated, but that is not the case here.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George