[FFmpeg-user] Correct fps value for h.264 stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 9 20:41:30 CEST 2013

Oliver Fromme <oliver <at> fromme.com> writes:

> So, the question remains:
> What is wrong with the original h.264 stream?

As I tried to explain there is not necessarily
anything wrong with your stream, FFmpeg does not
read all kinds of timestamps from H264 (this is
apparently not a trivial task).

I assumed (as said I am not sure I understand
your original problem) that you want to
manually fix the framerate when re-encoding
your raw h264 stream with ffmpeg (this is at
least what users have repeatedly tried to do,
I did not even realize for quite some time
that it is supposed to work): This was broken
for some versions and is fixed in git head.

Carl Eugen