[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg issue

bappa.mondal at senabi.com bappa.mondal at senabi.com
Fri Apr 12 18:09:54 CEST 2013

Dear Team,

 I am using a bit simple command and that works fine through terminal. but
when I use it from web it gives me a blank mp4 file. I have a centos 6 ser
version and ffmpeg config is -

ffmpeg version 1.2

built on Mar 25 2013 20:01:59 with gcc 4.4.7 (GCC) 20120313 (Red Hat
4.4.7-3)

configuration: --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvpx --enable-libfaac
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264
--enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libxvid --disable-ffplay --enable-shared
--enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-nonfree --enable-avfilter
--enable-pthreads --extra-cflags=-fPIC

now I am running command like, "ffmpeg -i /path-to-videos/fail_1.flv
-vcodec libx264  /path-to-videos/failed.mp4"

Note:  path-to-videos = actual path in the server.

Can you please suggest on that. Waiting for your valuable response.

Regards,
Bappa Mondal
+91 98363-97111

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system administrator. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named in this email. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of SENABI Infotech Limited, its subsidiaries and its associated companies with another party by email without proper confirmation by an authorised person. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Any defamatory statements or any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email communications is contrary to company policy and liable to penalty.

WARNING: The company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email but it will not accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

SENABI Infotech Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registration Number: 0642904 & Registered office at 7 Breasy Place, 9 Burroughs Gardens, Hendon, London, NW4 4AU, United Kingdom.