[FFmpeg-user] No visible difference between hwaccel and no hwaccel

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Thu Apr 18 02:54:58 CEST 2013

-------- Original message --------
From: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
Date: 04/17/2013 6:41 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] No visible difference between hwaccel and no hwaccel

>ffmpeg (the application) does not use vaapi.
Then what does --enable-vaapi do if not enable VAAPI support in ffmpeg?

>I believe vlc supports VA-API using libavcodec.
I am running on a headless system so I want to pipe the output to null (basically benchmark just the decode path). Unless vlc allows for that then I don't think it will work for what I am trying to do.

>Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.
Sorry, didn't think about that when replying from my phone.