[FFmpeg-user] Syntax for ffmpeg to listen on a port for a RTMP stream

paulj at fastmail.es paulj at fastmail.es
Fri Apr 19 13:58:06 CEST 2013

> Am 19.04.2013 12:52, schrieb paulj at fastmail.es:
> > I want ffmpeg to listen on a given TCP port for an incoming video
> stream, but I can't
> > get the right syntax. I have tried:
> >
> > 	ffmpeg -listen -i rtmp://localhost:6060 -vcodec copy -acodec copy
> bla.mp4
> >
> > 	ffmpeg -i rtmp://localhost:6060 -listen -vcodec copy -acodec copy
> bla.mp4
> >
> > 	ffmpeg -i rtmp://localhost:6060 listen -vcodec copy -acodec copy
> bla.mp4
> >
> > 	And in all cases I get "TCP connection to localhost:6060 failed.
> Connection refused",
> > as if ffmpeg was trying to open a connection, instead of listening
>
> why should ffmpeg LISTEN on a port?
> what you search is ffserver

	Nope. ffserver listens on a port and SERVES streams to clients connecting to it. I
need ffmpeg to listen on a port and RECEIVE a stream sent by a client.
	With RTSP you can do it, i.e.:

        ffmpeg -rtsp_flags listen -f rtsp -i rtsp://localhost:5050/ -vcodec copy -acodec copy
video.mp4

	What I'm asking is the equivalent syntax in RTMP.

                                  Paulo.

"Oh, don't worry kids. Most of you will
never fall in love. You'll just marry
for fear of dying alone."